The Company/The Situation
- Global Life and Retirement Services carrier with over $6BB in assets, a 100+ year old history and $500BB in life insurance coverage in force
- Client has a history of supporting the local community and of making good decisions based on quality and integrity.
- Client works hard to create an environment where you can balance your work and life commitments.
- You are surrounded by strong players from the insurance industry where you can further strengthen your knowledge base and industry relationships.
- Due to an internal promotion of the Control er to CFO, the Client seeks a Vice President and Corporate Control er.
- The challenge is to identify a candidate who not only has an expertise in financial reporting, but who can provide leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of the financial reporting and operational control process.
- Client is looking for a candidate who has had meaningful interactions with functional areas such as underwriting, actuarial, and risk and who can orchestrate the financial reporting and analysis process.
- The candidate should be able to analyze and interpret pronouncements from regulatory bodies such as the FASB and be able to effectively provide meaningful business insights to the Board of Directors.
- The Client had an existing relationship with one of ARExecutiveSearch’s search partners who has an operational recruiting expertise for the insurance industry. An introduction by the search partner to the COO and CFO was made and an initial conference call was set to discuss the role.
- The Client knew they would likely have to draw from outside their geographic area because their pool of qualified candidates was limited. This would be a national search ARExecutiveSearch was selected as the search partner of choice for this search assignment given its deep network and expertise in the finance and accounting areas.
- ARExecutiveSearch reached out to a broad national network of financial contacts in the insurance space.
- An emphasis was placed on bringing to the attention of the candidates: the Client’s stable history, balanced atmosphere and ability to be impactful in the role.
- There were a number of positive responses. This number was brought down to a short slate of 4 candidates selected who were presented.
The Selection and Solution
- The Client committed to interviewing all 4 candidates on the short slate.
- Initial interviews were held and 2 candidates were selected to come back in for final rounds.
- After final round, the Client expressed a strong interest in 1 candidate and arranged for their relocation team to start the process of showing the candidate and his family around the area.
- The candidate and his family were comfortable with the area and positive on the role.
- Salary negotiations finalized and start date set.
- Corporate Control er is having an awesome time and loving the area!
The AR Group is a high-quality Accounting, Finance and Audit Talent Search and Staff Augmentation Company to the Insurance Industry.
We take pride in working with the best candidates who have Industry, Big-4 and significant finance experience from some of the best companies around.
Our deepest concentration of opportunities is in the NY, NJ, CT area, but we frequently have roles Nationwide and in Bermuda.