The Company/The Situation
- U.S. subsidiary of Australian-based, global carrier that writes a diverse mix of P&C and specialty lines business.
- Client has been acquisitive over the years and is in a post-acquisition integration and growth stage.
- Finance team includes a recently appointed CFO and Deputy CFO, both of whom have strong track records of building out quality finance organizations.
- Work environment is collaborative and the Client’s most successful executives have the ability to work in a mid-sized environment and have a desire to be impactful in their roles.
- A need has developed for a strong Corporate Controller who can free up the Deputy CFO’s time to guide a number of strategic projects.
- Carrier is anticipating growth and the Corporate Controller must be able to support this growth as well as bring to the table a strong mix of financial reporting, team-building and process-improvement skills.
- Corporate Controller must have a combination of Big 4/private background backed up with international experience as well as experience working for a similarly sized P&C insurance carrier.
- Deputy CFO had a relationship with ARExecutiveSearch for a number of years and was confident in its ability to identify the right candidate, given ARExecutiveSearch’s focus in the insurance industry and track record of successful y completed search work.
- ARSearch was aware of a handful of quality candidates who met the skill and experience criteria above and who, because of recent changes in their organizations, were motivated to assess other opportunities.
- Three candidates in particular had the depth that the client would be looking for and had strong reference points from contacts the Deputy CFO would know.
- Short slate presented.
- All three candidates placed into interview process.
- Two invited back.
The Selection and Solution
- Top candidate selected.
- Salary negotiations wrapped up in five days.
- Acceptance and start date set.
The AR Group is a high-quality Accounting, Finance and Audit Talent Search and Staff Augmentation Company to the Insurance Industry.
We take pride in working with the best candidates who have Industry, Big-4 and significant finance experience from some of the best companies around.
Our deepest concentration of opportunities is in the NY, NJ, CT area, but we frequently have roles Nationwide and in Bermuda.