The Company/The Situation
- This is a retained search for an Associate Partner within the Insurance practice group of an international, business/IT advisory firm. The Associate Partner role will have a broad US geographic reach and there is a strong path towards Partnership which will come with equity in the
- The firm is entrepreneurial and operates in the intersection between Technology, the Customer, Finance, Big Data, Regulatory and In short, they do a great job pulling together creative approaches to make a carrier/reinsurer better.
- 70% of the carriers/reinsurers overseas (where they are headquartered) do business with them because of the solutions they develop and the strong relationships they
- The need for an Associate Partner has developed because one of their North American Partners was promoted to a role in
- The challenge will be to identify a candidate who has a current advisory background; who has deep insurance industry relationships; and who works well/prefers an entrepreneurial
- The candidate should have the ability to identify potential engagements, all while orchestrating existing and upcoming A broad knowledge of insurance operations, technology as well as the insurance industry regulatory environment is also needed.
- ARExecutiveSearch had been introduced to the North American CEO through a Partner contact in the advisory space who had suggested ARExecutiveSearch because of its deep relationships in the industry; their focused practice area and their ability get the job
- An initial conference call was scheduled (which went well) and a subsequent face to face meeting was held with the North American CEO and the North American
- After the meeting, it was clear that ARExecutiveSearch and the Client would have a productive and sincere
- After having interviewed a number of search firms, a decision was made to engage
- Because the North American Partner was transitioning overseas, time was of the
- A team was assembled to pull together a database of competitor firms and their corresponding Managers and Directors. Reach outs were started.
- When dialoguing with candidates, a focus on those who were looking for the next step in their career as well as a faster track towards Partnership was the key.
- Within 2 weeks a meeting was scheduled with the client to review the profiles of several candidates who met the
The Selection and Solution
- After candidate review, a selection of 5 Candidates was made for 1st round conversations. After 1st round, a series of 2nd round conversations were held with 2 candidates from 1st Final round conversations were held with a strong candidate who had the combination of business development experience, deep relationships in the industry and the gravitas be made Partner.
- The final round candidate was flown to Europe for conversations with the Group CEO.
- Negotiations were started and the candidate Another successfully completed search!
The AR Group is a high-quality Accounting, Finance and Audit Talent Search and Staff Augmentation Company to the Insurance Industry.
We take pride in working with the best candidates who have Industry, Big-4 and significant finance experience from some of the best companies around.
Our deepest concentration of opportunities is in the NY, NJ, CT area, but we frequently have roles Nationwide and in Bermuda.